donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Little Africa

We went out to celebrate getting our referral and court date tonight at an Ethiopian Restaurant in GR call Little Africa.  Having never eaten Ethiopian food before we were all excited to try it!  We ordered a variety type platter which offered a taste of everything.  It's served on injera which is Ethiopian bread.  We used no utensils or plates.  You scoop up the food using the pieces of the injera.

                            
                                              Jesse is NOT a fan of beets!   ha!

The kids liked using their fingers to eat with and they gave us little bowls to wash off our hands when we were finished.  It was a fun experience.  Makes me dream about what it will be like when we really are in Ethiopia just a few days from now.  

  

2 comments:

  1. Cool experience. Jesse- I dont blame 'ya.... beets aren't for everyone! Eeeeeew.....
    Tim and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. See!!! I read this after I just sent you my email!!! I hope he didn't make that comment again at dinner!!! :)

    ReplyDelete