donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Friday, November 2, 2012

Following God's plan for my life has placed me in a mountain-top experience!  As I watch this little 16 month old wobble around our home, I just thank God for all we've been through to get her home.
When we started our paper-work with Bethany Christian Services about 28 months ago, Kyah was not even conceived yet!  Just to think that we had this idea of adding to our family through the blessed gift of adoption and God was just creating her half a world away!  AMAZING!  That her biological parents had to go through some major sacrifices and unfathomable experiences for us to parent her just boggles my mind.  So many things had to work out so perfectly for all this to happen.  And, God did just that!  He, only He, worked in our hearts so that we could hear His calling for us to adopt.  He has made it so clear that this tiny little child needs to be raised in our home.  I don't think I've ever felt more sure of anything else than I have going through this adoption process.
Yes, it took a very long time for it to happen.  Looking back, that's just what I needed.  Not wanted, but needed.  My reliance on God and the growth of my faith during this journey have blossomed.  I know that I couldn't have done this without Him.  
Both Todd and I are humbled that God chose us to be Kyah's parents.  It is an honor and we are so privileged to do so! 

2 comments:

  1. It is all so amazing because God has perfect timing and he has plans and thoughts much higher than our thoughts!! Kyah is so blessed that God picked your family, and you as parents for her! It's so wonderful to see it unfold. It's so hard to have patience but you waited and the Lord provided.
    Love you all!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete