donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Thursday, August 14, 2014

August 14

I'm giggling even thinking about how crazy this must sound, but I have to say it...
You know how people have favorite colors, favorite ice cream flavors, favorite shirts, favorite restaurants.  Well, I have a favorite day.  It's August 14.  It has been for years!  I know, weird.  I really don't know why.  My favorite number is 14, August is summer, I don't know, it is just my favorite.  August 14 makes me happy.

Well, 2 years ago, on August 14, we were in Ethiopia for our court date.  We met with the Ethiopian Judge in her office, on August 14, and she signed our official Ethiopian adoption papers and made Kyah our legal daughter, on August 14.

We got some amazing news today about our adoption, that I will post about in the future.  But for now, all I can say is that August 14 ROCKS!!  God is good, all the time!!

Today, August 14, is our sweet "B's" birthday!  Coincidence?  I think not!  Nothing is by chance.  My sweet daughter on the other side of the world just turned a year older, today, August 14.  God willing, this will be the last birthday she ever experiences as an orphan!  

I can't explain how it feels to be so in love with someone (actually 2 someones!) who I've never met.  To think that they don't know that I am here for them, loving them and planning for them from afar.  So, we are going out for ice cream tonight as a family.  Celebrating her birthday in our hearts.

All I know is that next year we are going to PARTY all together, in person, on August 14!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Carrie! So hoping and praying you get your girls soon! Wow, that Aug. 14 does ROCK for you!

    ReplyDelete