donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Blessed, Haiti Trip & June pics

There are days when I just feel so blessed. I want to thank those of you who are faithful in praying for our family!  You are so important to us, we covet and truly feel your prayers!
At just the right time, God put it on your heart to pray, send an email or a card, make a phone call, text me, sit and talk with me (over a cup of java, of course!) or stop over.  Thank you for obeying the Holy Spirits nudge to support me/us in some way.  You know, it is always at the perfect time!  I've had many of these things happen in just the past couple weeks and it is overwhelming how God provides just what I need, just when I needed it.

This journey to bring "T" and "B" home has gone far longer than any of us had ever thought it would, and continues.   What I'm realizing through this process, is that God remains faithful in giving us just what we need, just when we need it.  He has put so many wonderful friends in our lives and I just can't imagine doing this without you!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!  

Nothing has changed in our adoption process and we remain waiting.  Life is difficult to plan.  It's sort of difficult to do life some days.  But, we decided we are going to do what we originally planned for the summer and that is sending Todd and Jordan on a week long mission trip to Haiti!  Jordan set it all up (except for purchasing the tickets - ha!) and they are helping at a medical clinic that sees sick and/or malnourished children.  I'm guessing that although this is what Jordan thinks she wants to do as a career some day, that it's been very difficult week.  I know she and Todd have gotten to love on many children, but the reason they come to the clinic is because they are not healthy in some way.  That's tough to see and it sounds like they've seen many, like over 80 babies in 6 hours!  I'm sure they'll have many stories and pictures to share.

Packed and ready to fly to Haiti!  
  They each packed super light so they could bring 3 large suitcases filled with donations to the clinic.  Love their hearts!! 

My girlies, chillin' in the hammock 
Last day of school!  WOOHOO!!  Jordan will be a Senior, Jesse in 8th Grade, Solomon in 4th Grade and Kyah will begin Pre-School


Sol, Kyah & Jesse are the first ones in our pool!
Kyah & Jesse.  Yes, Kyah is trying to mostly keep out of the cold water by hugging Jesse tight!
Jesse AKA the acrobat!  He is one amazing kid in life, and super fun to watch in motion!Note:  the deck, pool and trampoline strategically set in place where they are...you can imagine what goes on here!  (don't tell our insurance agent!)
Love this pic!  This is Grandpa Lee and Kyah, doing barn chores for Todd while he's in Haiti.  Notice little Kyah following him closely, probably talking a mile a minute, dressed in her pink tutu swimsuit, pink hair bow and of course, pink cowboy boots! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will be hard for Jordan and Todd to see so many sick children, but in some ways it will be a blessing too. They will certainly be a blessing to others! What a lot of stories they will have! I love your pictures. I know what Jesse does! I love all of them, but especially the girls in the hammock, and Grandpa with Kyah....and ALL of them! Blessings to you. It CAN'T be too much longer for your girls to come home! Closer all the time!

    ReplyDelete