donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Monday, October 1, 2012

"Nesting"

I am officially "nesting".  I have been for the past week, but today was especially so!  My mom came over and helped me clean out all of my kitchen cupboards and drawers.  Thank you, mom!!  I have been ahead of getting the kids warmer clothing out, organizing our papers and receipts for our business, replacing things I've been meaning to for ages, keeping the garage swept and yard mowed, making a list and buying things for our next trip to Africa, and of course, buying things for Kyah!

Todd came home last week, saw what I had been up to and announced that "mom is nesting"!  It's pretty obvious.  Thinking of adding that little bundle to our family soon is something I can't stop thinking about!  Dreaming of what it will be like to arrive at her orphanage and get to take her with us this time!  Can't even imagine!  Can't wait to see if she recognizes us from her photo book.  Wondering if I remember how to make a bottle.  ha!  Oh, I just can't wait for all of it!  

We haven't had any updates, so I thought I'd show you my nesting successes:

Gifts for the nannies at Kyah's orphanage
Some of the items we'll take along for Kyah.  Check out the awesome bottle I found, Sherri!!
Her crib fully supplied with baby-dolls and soft blankets.  Thanks Jen & Robin!
Some of the toys that I saved from Kyah's brothers and sister


A few of Kyah's new things including hair care products, fuzzy pink slippers, a wonderful book from Auntie Di, and even a tankini (you just never know when she may need it!)  
My nest is looking pretty set, just missing the very main important little reason for all of this!  God willing, it won't be too much longer.  All of us are so very ready to get her home and start becoming her family!  Please pray with us that things begin to move along and that we'll get a travel date quickly.  

Hoping to update this blog again real soon. 
And remembering that God is good...all the time!  

5 comments:

  1. Well it sure does look like you are ready. Lots of fun things await her, along with a bunch of LOVE! I love how you wrote this in PINK. It goes with all the pink stuff in the pics! Continued prayers for you all.

    Postmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... that bottle is sweet! I'm so glad I seen you in the store and we had a moment to catch up again.
    Ah, nesting..... I remember doing that too! So excited for you guys. If you need anything, hollar.

    Tim and Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what they say.....nesting always happens right before a child comes!! Has to be VERY soon!!
    'Thank you Lord, for all the love that this family has ready to lavish on Kyah! Thank you that you are taking care of her through her nannies and soon Todd and Carrie will be able to pick her up and take her to their NEST! We praise you because there must be one more tiny little thing that needs to be accomplished through Kyah before she comes to her forever home.'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so beautiful. Especially love the baby dolls. Such a good mommy you are! So excited for you all. Kelli P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyah is very cute. She is very blessed to have a great family like you. I feel honored to know a kindhearted family like you. Hopefully she can be a golden bridge between the States and Ethiopia someday.

    Edizal

    ReplyDelete