donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Praising God!

I am in awe of God's goodness and ...making travel plans!  Praise God for amazing news this morning via an email from the US Embassy!  They are requesting that we "schedule an interview".....that means they accepted everything and there's no need to further investigate and we can BRING OUR DAUGHTER HOME!!!! 

It's hard to believe I'm finally able to type those words and it is all because of God's great goodness and care for this little child of His! We are requesting to go ASAP (obviously!)  and I've already contacted our travel agent.  We will hopefully get our appointment date confirmed on Thursday and then can get exact information to our agent.  

Our kids are ecstatic!  They were always wanting me to go to their school and get them out of class when we got our referral.  Since that happened in July, I thought I'd get them today!  I went to the kids elementary school and had Jesse and Solomon come to the office to see me.  Gabe is a teacher's assistant there this year and showed up at the same time!  I had all 3 of my boys standing in front of me and got to tell them "we are going to get your new sister!"  I'm guessing you could hear their yells!  ha!  Then, I picked up a latte and headed over to the high school to surprise Jordan.  She was guessing it when she got called out of class.  =)   She had a ton of questions and was smiling through her teary eyes.  It was SO much fun to tell all of them!
Todd flew to the Dairy Expo in Wisconsin for the day, so I've been talking to him when he has a signal on his phone.  It'll be a long day for him.

When we went on our Court Trip in August, we met a couple at the same stage in the process that we are in and our girls are at the same orphanage and about the same age.  We were hoping to travel back with them.  I got an email from her today and they are needing their case to be further investigated.  This breaks my heart!  Please pray for them and that their situation gets resolved quickly and without much more complication!  

There are over 5 millions orphans in Ethiopia.  5 million in only Ethiopia!  The orphan crisis is staggering.  Imagine all these children with no one to call mom and dad.  No one to teach them, read to them, hug them, feed them, call them their own.  
No one to teach them about Jesus.  

God willing....it will be one less real soon!

6 comments:

  1. YEAH!!!!! Awwwww, I got teary when you talked about telling your three boys that their sister was coming home...... I'm such a sap for that stuff :).
    So, so glad for you guys!!
    Tim and Sherri

    p.s. Tim would want me to clarify that Sherri is writing this, so people don't think that HE got teary eyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I got teary eyed at the exact same point!!!! And this IS Myrna, not Cliff. haha! WOW, we are in awe that you finally get to go to bring her home!! It is finally time!! SO SO HAPPY for you all! God is so good to Kyah to give her a family as wonderful as all of you. I just can't imagine what her life was going to be like, and how drastically different it will be now! It is mind boggling to think of that many millions of orphans just in Ethiopia. Blessings and prayers over your trip and Kyah, flights, details- all of it. THANK YOU LORD!!! You are on your way. I wanted to scream loudly and jump up and down at the church dinner tonight when you told me, but I thought I might get put in the nut house.... LOL
    Blessings,
    Myrna and Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will be such a good momma to little kyah :) so happy for you guys.
    can't wait to meet my cousin!!!!!!!!!!!
    elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so happy for all of you!! I have tears in my eyes! Again!!! My devotions this morning are about patience and you have had so much over the last months waiting for this beautiful girl! Can't wait to see those little dimples :) We are praying for safe travels for all of you!

    The Kroeze's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm getting tears again reading this!!! Neal was excited as were the kids (Bo is practicing his kisses and Morgan just didn't know what to say about Kyah with brown skin all over coming home!!) We are just PRAISING GOD!! Everything happens in HIS time!!! Love you guys and can't wait to meet Kyah officially!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! The waiting is finally coming to an end. I'm so glad all of Kyah's papers were in order and no additional investigations need to be done. Tears of joy for you all. Can't wait to see pictures of Kyah!!! A blessed little girl, indeed! Praise the Lord. Kelli P.

    ReplyDelete