donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Verses and Quotes

Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.  James 2:14 - 17.

These were the verses focused on Sunday night at our Revolution service and they are hard to hear.  What are we doing in life if we don't ACT!?  We might say what others want to hear and make it all sound so sweet and good.  If we don't get up and even possibly out of our comfort zone and do something about it, we are dead.  I want to be the woman who both talks the talk AND walks the walk!!  Thank you Cory for making that so clear Sunday.


Live simply so others may simply live.  Mother Teresa


Simple and to the point, right?  And, complicated beyond anything that any of us can even imagine!  Check out these stats from 5/2013:


World Hunger Statistics
Total number of children that die every year from hunger1.5 million
Percent of world population considered to be starving33%
Time between deaths of people who die from hunger3.6 seconds
Total number of people in the world who suffer from hunger and malnutrition800 million
Total number of people who do not have enough to eat936 million people
Total percentage who do not have enough to eat who live in developing countries98%
Total percentage of world’s hungry that live in 7 countries65%
Number of people who died of hunger today20,864
Total number of people who will die of hunger this year7,615,360
Total percentage of U.S. households that are at risk of hunger11%

People, wake up!!  These are real people.  Real hurting people!  The majority of them children.  Children who didn't choose this kind of living situation or conditions, but find themselves in them.  Think about the children who find themselves in all alone and dealing with this.   


This one brings me to tears and I hope it does you too. 

The need is real and the need is urgent!  You can make up all the excuses you can think of.  In the meantime, children are dying. Don't think you could help? I guarantee if you could sponsor, foster or adopt a child in need that the blessings God will pour over you will be way more abundant than what you ever dreamed.


God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called! 
Step up and ask God to use you.  You will amazed at what door He opens and what He can accomplish if you just say "Yes" to Him!!

We live in the affluent USA and basically have and get anything we desire.  If I want a tall, double shot, french vanilla latte with whip cream, I simply go get one.  When I want my family to get new clothes for Easter, I buy them.  When I don't feel like cooking dinner, I pick up something.  I am completely spoiled!  While 20,864 die every day from the basic necessity of food and clean water.  What would happen if I save the $ I would have spent on my latte, clothing and a dinner out, and donate it to World Vision, Compassion International or the like?  Or, what would happen if I actually get up, get going and do something about it and ACT!!

*Side Note:  Watch to see what Jordan & Jesse wear on Easter.  They came up with this all my themselves and I LOVE the idea!!!

Lord God, I thank you for the Holy Spirit that is working in my life and helping me to be aware of the work that needs to be done. 


And now the quote helps me realize why I am doing what I do:

"I always questioned if I was ready to adopt and then I realized - No child was ready to be an orphan".
Author Unknown


Tags:

world hunger statistics ? how many people suffer from hunger or starvation ? how many people will die from hunger every day ? how many people are malnourished or hungry?, what percentage of americans are at risk of starvation?, what portion of the world is at most risk for death from starvation ? how many children are starving ? what percent of world population is starving ?

2 comments:

  1. That's right, Carrie, the message was SO clear on Sunday night! What a challenge. It is so true, that when you sponsor a child in any way, the blessings come back to you one hundred fold and more! Let us spur each other on to all good things! Thanks for your post. Do you have your blog set up to get emails when you post?
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is compelling, Carrie. Thanks for sharing your passion and heart with us.

    ReplyDelete