donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Thursday, April 16, 2015

HOPE

For the past few years now, I've been meeting with "the girls", as I call them.  It's a group of us moms who have or are in process of adopting a child from Ethiopia.  LOVE my girls and today I was reminded of how important they are to me!
We get together about monthly, talk adoption and of course, eat.  Today was my turn to host and I just feel so uplifted when we are together, laughing, sharing stories and drinking coffee!

                         Today I got a new perspective. 

First of all, since Pastor Tim's sermon this past Sunday, I have been trying super hard to not:  Criticize, gossip or complainOK, why is this so difficult for me!?  I have found myself so, so many times beginning to complain and then remember I need to hold my tongue.  Grrr...I complain way too often!  And I'm doing it again!  Which leads me to today.

I have found myself for a long time now, complaining about the fact that our girls were told about us this past October.  In many ways, I wish they didn't even know about us, since this process continues to lengthen to get them home. How hard it must be for them!  But today, I had a new insight.  This past October I was so very excited for them to finally find out about all of us and have HOPEThen, all I've been doing is complaining about how long this is taking and wishing they didn't know any of this until we were ready to visit them.

Today, it hit me as one of my friends was explaining why she wished her future daughter knew she was matched with their family and have that hope.  Wow! MY girls have that HOPE.  This is obviously what God intended to have happen.  Perhaps they need this extended time to put things into perspective.  Realize they are about to become part of a new family who already loves them so much and know they are important and valuable!  If they didn't know they are about to become adopted, would they feel useless, undesirable, unworthy or unlovable?  But, they ARE WANTED!  I pray since they do know about us, they have a spark of great HOPE!  I have a huge smile on my face right now thinking of what this hopefully means for their lives!  No more complaining!  Only positives and praying my girlies remain in HOPE in their loving Savior!!

No comments:

Post a Comment