donate

donate
Help bring our girls home!

Friday, July 3, 2015

REGIONAL APPROVAL!!!

Praising GOD for the blessed news of Regional Approval this morning!!  Our loyal and faithfully praying social worker called me this morning, on her holiday off, with this amazing news!!  We are beyond tears with excitement, as this one process has taken over 8 months to complete.  
Now, we proceed onto Federal.  Our lawyer in Ethiopia will hand deliver the necessary documents on Monday morning and will appeal our girls cases.  Our girls have been in an orphanage for a long time, we've been held up in Regional matters for a long time and Ethiopian court closures are coming and we really want to get our court date before court closure.  (Courts close due to rainy season usually by the 2nd week or so in August and are closed for 6-8 weeks.  I used to think "really, close courts for almost 2 months because of rain.  Can't they just grab an umbrella!?"  Well, having been to Ethiopia 3 years ago at the beginning of rainy season for Kyah's court hearing, I now understand.  Travel can be virtually impossible in many areas.  It's crazy!)
So, we are praying that we get a travel date before courts close! God is powerful and can make this all happen!  Our social workers are very optimistic that this is possible.  Time will tell...
I feel like a huge weight was just removed and that I should sleep good tonight.  However, now I'm too excited and anxious about the next process!!  Heehee :)
Soon, God willing, I will meet my new daughters!!
Thank you so much for all your prayers!!  God is good ALL the time, all the time God is GOOD!!

1 comment:

  1. Gavin and I are so HAPPY for you! Praying with you for speedy federal process.

    ReplyDelete